Published: 22nd September 2018
KitKemp.com prides itself in offering an exceptional service and recognises the importance and its obligation to treat your personal data with respect.
- Personal Data
- How We Collect Personal Data
- Collection of Other Data
- How We Collect Other Data
- Use of Personal Data and Other Data
- Disclosure of Personal Data and Other Data
- Other Uses and Disclosures
- Third Parties
- Your Rights in Relation to Your Personal Data
- Sensitive Personal Data
- The Processing of Children’s Data
- Cross-Border Transfer
- Contacting Us
- The Supervisory Authority
We take the protection of your private data very seriously and adhere to relevant data protection legislation. Personal data is collected only to the extent necessary. In no case will the data be sold or made available to third parties unless it is integral to the services and goods supplied by KitKemp.com. You can learn more about any third party processing by reading this policy and how we handle your data when you use our services.
“Personal Data” is data that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual.
For marketing emails, we may collect the following Personal Data:
- Contact information: name, gender, postal address, telephone number, email address
How We Collect Personal Data
We collect Personal Data in a variety of ways:
- Online Services: we collect Personal Data when you use our online services to sign up for our newsletter(s) or participate in any offers or surveys.
Collection of Other Data
“Other Data” is data that generally does not reveal your specific identity or do not directly relate to an individual. To the extent Other Data reveals your specific identity or relates to an individual, we will treat Other Data as Personal Data. Other Data include:
- Browser and device data
- Data collected through cookies and other technologies
- Demographic data and other data provided by you
- Aggregated data
How We Collect Other Data
We collect Other Data in a variety of ways:
- Your browser or device: We collect certain data through your browser or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, internet browser type and version and the name and version of the Online Services (such as the Apps) you are using. We use this data to ensure that the Online Services function properly.
- Cookies: We collect certain data from cookies, which are pieces of data stored directly on the computer or mobile device that you are using. Cookies allow us to collect data such as browser type, time spent on the Online Services, pages visited, referring URL, language preferences, and other aggregated traffic data. We use the data for security purposes, to facilitate navigation, to display data more effectively, to collect statistical data, to personalize your experience while using the Online Services and to recognize your computer to assist your use of the Online Services. We also gather statistical data about use of the Online Services to continually improve design and functionality, understand how they are used and assist us with resolving questions.
If you do not want data collected with cookies, you can learn more about controlling cookies at: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/index.html.
You can choose whether to accept cookies by changing the settings on your browser. If, however, you do not accept cookies, you will experience inconvenience in your use of the Online Services. You also will not receive advertising or other offers from us that are relevant to your interests and needs. At this time, we do not respond to browser “Do-Not-Track” signals.
- Pixel Tags and other similar technologies. We collect data from pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs), which are used with some Online Services to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Online Services (including email recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compile statistics about usage of the Online Services.
- Your IP Address. We collect your IP address, a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files when a user accesses the Online Services, along with the time of the visit and the pages that were visited. We use IP addresses to calculate usage levels, diagnose server problems and administer the Online Services. We also may derive your approximate location from your IP address.
Aggregated Data. We may aggregate data that we have collected, and this aggregated data will not personally identify you or any other user.
Use of Personal Data and Other Data
We use Personal Data and Other Data to provide you with Services and to develop new services. In some instances, we will request that you provide Personal Data to assist us in delivering our services to you. If you do not provide the data that we request, or prohibit us from collecting such data, we may not be able to provide the requested Services.
We will use Personal Data and Other Data to manage our contractual relationship with you, because we have a legitimate interest to do so and/or to comply with a legal obligation.
Personal Preferences: We will use your Personal and Other Data to deliver a personalised experience:
- Sending you tailored marketing communications and offers;
- Inviting you to participate in periodic surveys and customer satisfaction surveys.
Business Purposes: We use Personal Data and Other Data for:
- Enhancing, improving or modifying our Services, identifying usage trends, and developing new goods and services;
- Determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns;
- Operating and expanding our business activities.
Disclosure of Personal Data and Other Data
KitKemp.com aims to delivery exceptional service to you, and to do so we share Personal Data and Other Data with:
- Corporate Structure: we may disclose or transfer your Personal Data and Other Data to a third party in the event of any reorganisation, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of KitKemp.com.
Other Uses and Disclosures
We will use and disclose Personal Data as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) to comply with applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including authorities outside your country of residence and to meet national security or law enforcement requirements; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations; (f) to protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of KitKemp.com, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
We are not responsible for the data collection, use, disclosure or security policies or practices of other organizations, such as Facebook, Apple, Google, Microsoft, RIM or any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider or device manufacturer, including with respect to any Personal Data you disclose to other organizations through our Social Media Pages.
You have choices when it comes to how we use your data and we want to ensure you have the information to make the choices that are right for you.
If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails, you may opt out by following the instructions in any email you receive from us.
Your Rights in Relation to Your Personal Data
You have the right at any time:
- to enquire about the personal data stored, their provenance, and recipients thereof, as well as the scope and purpose of the data processing;
- to have any incorrect data corrected;
- to object to the processing of your data;
- to have Personal Data and including your personal preferences erased provided that the data is not required by KitKemp.com to fulfil a contract for goods and services or has to be retained for legal reasons;
- to have a copy of your data in electronic format for purposes of transmitting it to another company.
If you wish to exercise any of your rights, please contact us stating which of your rights you wish to exercise at email@example.com, or by mail:
Data Management Office
21 Golden Square
For your protection, we only fulfil requests for the Personal Data associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before fulfilling your request. We will comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
- The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide the Services to you (for example, for as long as keep using the Services)
- Whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, certain laws require us to keep records of your transactions for a certain period of time before we can delete them)
- Whether retention is advisable considering our legal position (such as, for statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations)
Sensitive Personal Data
KitKemp.com will not request sensitive data.
The Processing of Children’s Data
KitKemp.com services are not directed to children under the age of thirteen (13).
KitKemp.com has in place strict security procedures to protect information. We protect your personal information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer software, which encrypts the information that you provide online at our website. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to protect your information that you provide to us directly and how it is stored and processed. However, the Internet is not a secure environment and we cannot guarantee the security of information you send to us via email, VOIP, or phone. We will also continue to assess new technology for protecting information and upgrade our information security systems when appropriate.
Further, we permit only authorized KitKemp.com employees and third parties to access any personal information. If an employee misuses personal information, we may take disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment. If any third party individual or organization misuses personal information, we will take action, up to and including termination of any agreement between KitKemp.com and that individual or organization.
KitKemp.com operates a website and does not intend to share data using Cross-Border Transfer.
Data Management Office,
21 Golden Square,
Email communications are not always secure, so please do not include any credit card or sensitive data in your emails to us.
The Supervisory Authority
Should you wish to lodge a complaint regarding an alleged infringement of the data protection laws, The Supervisory Authority for the United Kingdom is:
The Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline: +44 (0) 303 123 1113
Note: we would recommend in the first instance, contacting us about any complaint so we may be able to resolve any matter.